August’s box was so good! Two new items I’ll be stocking up on, and 3 others I definitely enjoyed…
- WEI Pomegranate Buffing Beads This is my favorite new thing. I added these buffing beads to my favorite cleanser and voila! The perfect exfoliant for my skin. I’m in love.
- Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer It’s organic! I didn’t realize it the first time I used a Juice product. This moisturizer is clean and light. Maybe a little too light for my skin though. I need something a bit more balancing for my combination skin.
- uniqONE Hair Treatment This is a great alternative to the leave in moisturizer I’ve been using sometimes. My hair felt smooth and sleek, and my ends a little less fried after the flat iron.
- LA Fresh Cleansing Wipes I love a great face cleanser in an easy-to-use form. This one definitely did the job and came in cute little single serve packs. It was also much milder than most cleansing wipes I’ve tried. Great for pre or post workout!
- ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick The one! This lipstick is awesome. The color definitely stuck around all day. It was almost a lip stain & lipstick in one. I will be picking up the classic trio in all the fun bright shades. This might be my favorite lipstick ever.
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here.
Worth every penny. That’s what I would say about this subscription. I’ve found so many new & awesome products through Birchbox in just a few short months. And most of the samples are pretty significant! Some have lasted weeks and weeks! This box holds a few new favorites of mine.
- theBalm InStain Long-Wearing Blush This blush is no joke! I’ve tried and liked long wearing blushes before, but this one has some serious staying power. I love to rock a bold blush look now & again, and with this I never need to reapply, even at the end of a long day. Although it’s great for a subtle look too. I’m pretty impressed and look forward to trying this in a few of the colors. My sample is in Swiss Dot Peach, which is lovely, but I might try a cooler tone next.
- DDF Acne Control Treatment While I don’t breakout often anymore, DDF is a tried & true brand for me when it comes to all levels of breakouts. Any flare-ups seemed to dimish overnight with this light cream. Great to have on hand, just in case!
- Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect I rarely use a detangler now that I fell in love with Davines shampoo & conditioner, but I will keep this one around for the summer. It’s a little heavier than my volumizing conditioner, but not by much, and will be great during this long hot season, as my hair get ravaged by sun and sea (and styling!). My hair felt smoother all day.
- Birchbox Bobby Pins Adorable! Great bonus gift this month.
- Benefit It’s Potent! Eye cream Love the texture of this eye cream. It feels rich, but soaked it quickly. The scent was incredibly light and this is going on my list of things to order once my little sample runs out!
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here. You just might fall in love too.
Oh man, this one was a winner! I loved every product and the cute travel themed postcard set that was included. BirchBox is tied for my favorite monthly subscription [with Rocksbox] and I most definitely have tried more than a few! Part of it is being an ex-cosmetics sales rep & artist and part is my obsession with great new beauty products that is fulfilled every month with this tiny box of awesome.
- Color Club Wanderlust Nail Collection: London Calling. This bright, nearly neon green jumped out at me the moment I opened the box – so much that I sat down and put it on right there. I love it! Great texture and it held up through two nights so far! $8 for four colors is quite the steal.
- Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder is awesome. I have a super oily t-zone and my pores disappeared the moment I dusted this on. I’ll definitely be tossing out my old powder and adding this to my daily routine. Stood up to a late night party in a warm, muggy bar. My skin looked great all evening.
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk has a great texture. It feels so much lighter and fresher than most of the dry shampoos I’ve tried. My hair felt much less powdery and more like I had recently washed it. I don’t use dry shampoos often, because I’m still a shampoo-almost-every-day kind of girl, but I’ll go to this one first next time I need it.
- 29 Preserves Skin Care Collection Sunday morning I woke up after a long night out with thirsty, tired skin. I broke open the Serum Extract and felt instantly revived. It was rich yet light and soaked into my dry skin, immediately making it feel fresh and soft. The Eye Emulsion saved my sad tired eyes. The scent wasn’t my favorite, but it wasn’t the worst either. That night I tried the Cream Cleanser and was completely wowed. I haven’t tried a cream cleanser in years because my skin is fairly oily, but this one left my face feeling clean and bright. And the scent was delicious! The Night Moisture came last and was lovely, but nothing to shout about. The serum and the cleanser are definitely on my list of favorites.
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here.
images via my iphone
While my first Birchbox was fun, this one was quite the treat. A few new products from brands I know & love and a few complete surprises. I opened it up Saturday night after I had climbed into bed and sifted through all the excitement – and tried every single one on Sunday because I just couldn’t wait another second!
- Oribe Shampoo & Conditioner for Beautiful Color: I love Oribe. I’ve used their dry shampoo and volumizing shampoo & conditioner before, so I knew these would be great. The smell of Oribe products always makes me feel like I’m stepping out of a fancy salon and the texture is rich and lavish.
- This Skin&Co body gel is delicious. I love the light orange and slightly spicy scent. It smells like something I might have found on my honeymoon at a fabulous hotel. It left my skin feeling rather moisturizer and clean.
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss is my new favorite lip product. I love the lipstick-like texture with a glossy finish, the bold color and how perfectly it mattes when blotted. The color I got is called Glossy Kiss and is the perfect orangey color. I’ll be buying more of this the second it’s back in stock.
- We already use the Supergoop sun block, so I was really excited to try this new eye cream. I wear SPF 15 every day, but I love the idea of wearing something a little more hefty around my eyes. SPF 37 sounds just about right. And it smoothed on just perfectly under my concealer. Hooray! I’ll be picking this up once my current eye cream runs out.
- I’m drinking the Kusmi Sweet Love Tea now and am pleasantly surprised. I love tea but can be rather picky. This has a lovely light but spicy flavor that I am really enjoying. They have two detox flavors that sound rather citrusy and delicious that I might have to try.
All in all this box was a complete win! I’ll be buying at least the lip product and eye cream… oh, and probably the body gel too. It’s such a lovely indulgence.
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here.
So… my newest obsession is BirchBox. New beauty samples delivered to me every month? Yes, please! Not just teeny little sample packets, these are lovely smaller sized bottles that allow for multiple uses before you dive into a full size purchase. I’m only a few days into my first box, but I already have some raves and rants.
Clockwise from top left corner: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream / Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board / Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream / Juicy Couture Couture La La / Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo
- The Juice Beauty cream has a lovely texture and I love the SPF, but I like a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I’ll bet this is excellent as a light alternative in the summer. We’ll have to wait and see if the anti-aging benefits kick in!
- The Madewell Emery board is a cute version of your every day one. I pretty much love anything from Madewell. They make everything… adorable.
- Whish Shave Cream feels so luxurious after shaving with soap or shampoo for way too long, but the super sweet smell was a little much for my taste.
- The Juicy perfume was a bit of the same overly sweetness, but I don’t wear perfume too often to begin with. Just a little Chanel occasionally.
- I’ve been trying to jump on the dry shampoo bandwagon for a while now, but I can’t get out of the habit of washing my fine oily hair every day. I do like the texture of this spray a bit better than the others I’ve tried, but I’m still working up toward giving it a true test on unwashed hair!
I just can’t kick my love of beauty products after spending a few years working in cosmetics, and this is such a great way to try out fun new things each month without breaking the bank. I’m crossing my fingers for some hair volumizing product in one of the coming months, and maybe an amazingly moisturizing lip balm! Oh, and anything to help control my oily t-zone. Overall I was incredibly pleased with first shipment and am anxiously awaiting #2!