Happy Friday! Contest Alert!! I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, and here it is!
It’s no secret I’m obsessed with trying new beauty products. I can pretty much never get enough. And this month I’m sharing the love! Here are 10 awesome products for you to try!
Rules for entry are listed below.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer
- NYX Love in Florence, Meet My Romeo Eyeshadow Palette
- Butter London Cor Blimey Nail Polish
- Beautyblender Makeup Sponge
- Joico Gold Dust Shimmer Finishing Spray for Hair
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream
- Mac Concealer Brush 195se and Duo Fibre Face Brush 188se
- NYX Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Sex on the Beach
- Clinique High Lengths Mascara
How to enter:
(1) Like the raudette facebook page here
(2) Leave a comment below letting me know!
A winner will be drawn at random from those that complete both steps. One entry per person.
The contest closes Friday February 20th at 11:59 pm pacific, and a winner will be contacted shortly after!
Good luck my lovelies! xoxo.
Congrats to Stephanie of A Little Polish!
It’s been a while since I’ve written about beauty, but there have still been birchboxes and ipsy and many fun products I’ve tried. Here are a few of my more recent faves, many of which have made it into my regular rotation, if not my everyday (ignore the well-loved bottles, as these are seriously well-loved):
- Smashbox Hydrating Under Eye Primer This sounds like a lot things, but as a gal that’s been battling some serious under eye circles and incoming lines (hello to my thirties!) this stuff does the job. A nice eye cream plus this primer is awesome for every day.
- Smashbox Bing Lipstick I will swear by this red for the rest of my life and when they discontinue it to make room for new and exciting colors, I will cry and cry. I better stock up now. Best red I’ve ever worn. Great staying power too.
- Perlier Intensive Moisturizing Body Balm This stuff smells and feels amazing. Shea butter with a light almond scent and super moisturizing power. At the end of the day my skin still feels great. Only thing keeping scaly winter skin in check!
- Living proof Full Thickening Cream With this baby fine greasy hair, products are not always my friend. And sometimes it feels like I’ve tried them all in an attempt to build volume. This leaves my hair feeling bouncy but not sticky and works perfectly in conjuction with my other fave hair powder.
- Clinique Turnaround Overnight Ok this isn’t a new one, but it’s a renewed one. I used this exfoliating cream religiously in my early twenties, and it staved off basically every breakout while keeping my skin super soft. It was discontinued for a bit, but came back in a new gentler and more moisturizing formula that I initially questioned, but is actually perfect for my now combination, slightly drier skin. I use it 3-4 nights a week and after just a month I can see how much clearer my skin is again.
- Dr Brandt Pores No More Primer Obviously I love Smashbox, and after months of using their fabulous foundation primer, it was finally beat out by this beauty. They are both great products, but this one feels lighter on my skin and has just a bit more staying power. Despite my slightly drier skin, I still have the oiliest t-zone around and this is the first thing that’s kept makeup on my nose all day. Miracle cream!
I am terrible at seflies, but seriously this lipstick is perfection:
What about you? Any great new beauty finds lately? I’m always on the lookout for something new!
I admit it. I’m a product junkie. Totally infatuated with Birchbox. And I needed more. Ok, maybe needed is a strong word, but I love testing out new beauty products before taking the plunge, and I love testing a million new things to find a million new favorites. I like Ipsy because it’s a community, where people share looks and how-to’s. They aren’t selling the full size product, although they have links to buy it elsewhere. Although I love the Birchbox program where you earn points toward product. Ah! Luckily I don’t have to choose :)
- Avene Thermal Spring Water spray I love keeping these on hand for travel, or on the nightstand! Any time I’m feeling a little dehydrated, this does the trick!
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer The texture of this is great. Although the color is a bit dark for my fair complexion, it works perfectly as a contour color. I hadn’t tried too many Too Faced products before, but I’ll definitely be giving more a try after this one.
- Hang Ten Sunscreen I tried this out on the hottest day in Seattle yet – it was almost 80 this weekend! We hit the nearest beach and laid in the sun all afternoon. Amazingly, I didn’t even get a little pink, even without reapplying.
- Pacifica Shadow Duo The lighter tone of this duo was a little pinker than I usually use for a base, but it was a nice and subtle change from my usual neutral. With a sweep of the more golden tone over my lid, the combo is super flattering and great for every day. I love the texture too, super fine with a perfectly soft shimmer.
- Eva NYC Hair Mask Obsessed! I just squeezed the very last drop out this morning and I’m sad I don’t have another bottle on hand yet. This hair mask is perfect. My hair was a little fried from too much sun, styling and clarifying shampoos, and this did the trick. My hair was back to healthy in just a day or two, and I’ve used it lightly every other day as a regular conditioner since. I’m looking forward to trying more from this brand!
Want to try Ipsy? Sign up here.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a junkie for beauty products. But even over my love of great cosmetics, is my love of great skin care. I’ve thrashed my skin with some pretty heavy duty stuff in the process (even ended up in the ER one time with some burns on my poor face), and I’ve come to realize that balance is the key. I ordered a couple of bars of these delicious soaps the other week, after reading a great post by my fave at door sixteen. Seriously, this blue clay Herbivore Botanicals soap left my face feeling AMAZING all week. And my skin has been totally clear and feeling less oily during the day (I’ve got fairly oily skin, so that’s huge for me). Plus, it doesn’t leave me feeling overly dried out the way that many products for oilier skin can. I’m excited to try more!
(ps) I finally made a beauty category for the blog instead of lumping it into fashion —–>
(although I still think makeup/color/etc is definitely fashion!) xoxo.
So… our laptop died. Between that and working quite a few extra hours over the past weeks, I’ve neglected my dear little blog. But I’m back! With a snazzy new computer and hopefully a little more time on my hands. I did squeeze in a few fun things lately, including an amazing ladies weekend getaway, and of course my obsession with beauty product sampling. I’ve got quite a few new favorites, one of which came from April’s Birchbox.
- Harney & Sons Tea Some pretty funky flavors! They were a bit too out-there for my personal taste.
- OPI tinted nail polish top coat – I think I loved the idea of this one more than I really loved it. OPI makes great, affordable nail polish, and their top coats and treatment products are top notch. This definitely helped my polish stay on longer, but I could take or leave the tint. It did leave a nice extra hint of blue, but I think I’m fine to just pick out the polish color I really want and top it with a clear protective coat in the future (although I am a fan of the matte top coats… but more about that soon!)
- Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Cream – This is one of my new favorites. I’ve been using it everyday. It’s light but super moisturizing and soaks in quickly. I see a difference in my eyes, it really helps with the puffiness in the morning. It’s going to stay in my regular rotation for sure!
- Bain de Terre Color Preserving Shampoo & Conditioner I liked the smell and texture of these, and how soft they left my hair, but was disappointed to find out in the reviews that this has sulphates in it… and isn’t really that color safe. Boo.
Overall, a meh box, but since pretty much every other one has been stellar, I’m sticking with Birchbox!
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here.
Better late than never! January’s Birchbox was an absolute pleasure. Every item was perfection!
- Camille Beckman Morelia Monarch Body Butter I love a good body butter. This one is rich but soaks in quickly with a clean fresh scent that feels perfect right out of the shower.
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser This is my new favorite thing! I love the creamy cleanser that’s a just little minty, and the muslin cloth gives just the right amount of exfoliation for every day. I might even turn in my Clarisonic for a bit!
- Coastal Scents Revealed Palette A perfect nude blend is my everyday best friend. These colors were slightly cooler than my regular nude tones, and they were fabulous – a little sharper and more dramatic, but still soft enough for everyday. I definitely added the full palette to my wish list.
- OmniPotent Duosity Hair Treatment I haven’t used too many hair treatments before. My hair is super fine and tends to be oily, so usually they weigh my hair down too much. But this one was light and foamy, and I was able to style my hair as usual afterward and head out for the day. It was shiny, lustrous and healthy feeling, with the usual oily residue.
- Under Armour Braided Mini Headband No more excuses! I haven’t been able to find my headband for yoga for a while now, and I have to admit I’ve been using that as one of the excuses not to go. This one is fabulous because it has a little more grip than the average while still being comfortable. Hot yoga here I come!
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here.
Despite having dabbled in makeup artistry back in the day, I had never tried the famous Smashbox ‘Photo Finish’ foundation primer that launched the brand into pro status. It’s been on my to-do list for a while, and after a 3 month road test of another primer that turned out to be fine but not great, I was ready for something new. While perusing for some post-holiday exchanges I spotted a great little Smashbox ‘Try It’ Kit and knew the time was right.
I’m always on the prowl for something new and this box was filled with goodies! The samples are all a great size too. Almost two weeks and I have plenty left to experiment with…
- Photo Finish Foundation Primer Obsessed! The old primer I was using clogged my pores a bit, but in the week and a half I’ve been using this my skin has cleared right up. Plus, it definitely does the job of keeping my makeup in place all day. I find myself powdering my oily noisy maybe once during the day compared to the 2-3 times I was before. I’m hooked.
- Photo Finish Lid Primer This is some heavy duty shadow primer. I’ve never had my shadow stay like this. I used a little too much the first day and felt a little heavy, but I got the application right the second and was really wowed. Not a crease, not a fleck of missing shadow at day’s end.
- Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx Long wearing yet smudgeable! I’ve been using this every day happily, but it definitely calls for a more heavy duty eye makeup remover. I’ll be keeping this in my regular rotation, on those days when I want a little more
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume Super glittery, maybe a bit much for my taste, but this might work well layered over a lipstick or another gloss. Cute, but not my favorite.
- Full Exposure Mascara Fabulous! Super lush lashes, great brush. If I wasn’t completely in love with my eyelash extensions, this would be my new reuglar mascara. I love a thick, dramatic lash and this one really does the trick.
Next on my list is to try a new foundation and powder, and after this round of winners, I’m thinking this other BB Cream & powder Smashbox ‘Try It’ Kit might be exactly where I start.