It’s been a while since I’ve written about beauty, but there have still been birchboxes and ipsy and many fun products I’ve tried. Here are a few of my more recent faves, many of which have made it into my regular rotation, if not my everyday (ignore the well-loved bottles, as these are seriously well-loved):
- Smashbox Hydrating Under Eye Primer This sounds like a lot things, but as a gal that’s been battling some serious under eye circles and incoming lines (hello to my thirties!) this stuff does the job. A nice eye cream plus this primer is awesome for every day.
- Smashbox Bing Lipstick I will swear by this red for the rest of my life and when they discontinue it to make room for new and exciting colors, I will cry and cry. I better stock up now. Best red I’ve ever worn. Great staying power too.
- Perlier Intensive Moisturizing Body Balm This stuff smells and feels amazing. Shea butter with a light almond scent and super moisturizing power. At the end of the day my skin still feels great. Only thing keeping scaly winter skin in check!
- Living proof Full Thickening Cream With this baby fine greasy hair, products are not always my friend. And sometimes it feels like I’ve tried them all in an attempt to build volume. This leaves my hair feeling bouncy but not sticky and works perfectly in conjuction with my other fave hair powder.
- Clinique Turnaround Overnight Ok this isn’t a new one, but it’s a renewed one. I used this exfoliating cream religiously in my early twenties, and it staved off basically every breakout while keeping my skin super soft. It was discontinued for a bit, but came back in a new gentler and more moisturizing formula that I initially questioned, but is actually perfect for my now combination, slightly drier skin. I use it 3-4 nights a week and after just a month I can see how much clearer my skin is again.
- Dr Brandt Pores No More Primer Obviously I love Smashbox, and after months of using their fabulous foundation primer, it was finally beat out by this beauty. They are both great products, but this one feels lighter on my skin and has just a bit more staying power. Despite my slightly drier skin, I still have the oiliest t-zone around and this is the first thing that’s kept makeup on my nose all day. Miracle cream!
I am terrible at seflies, but seriously this lipstick is perfection:
What about you? Any great new beauty finds lately? I’m always on the lookout for something new!