So… my newest obsession is BirchBox. New beauty samples delivered to me every month? Yes, please! Not just teeny little sample packets, these are lovely smaller sized bottles that allow for multiple uses before you dive into a full size purchase. I’m only a few days into my first box, but I already have some raves and rants.
Clockwise from top left corner: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream / Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board / Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream / Juicy Couture Couture La La / Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo
- The Juice Beauty cream has a lovely texture and I love the SPF, but I like a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I’ll bet this is excellent as a light alternative in the summer. We’ll have to wait and see if the anti-aging benefits kick in!
- The Madewell Emery board is a cute version of your every day one. I pretty much love anything from Madewell. They make everything… adorable.
- Whish Shave Cream feels so luxurious after shaving with soap or shampoo for way too long, but the super sweet smell was a little much for my taste.
- The Juicy perfume was a bit of the same overly sweetness, but I don’t wear perfume too often to begin with. Just a little Chanel occasionally.
- I’ve been trying to jump on the dry shampoo bandwagon for a while now, but I can’t get out of the habit of washing my fine oily hair every day. I do like the texture of this spray a bit better than the others I’ve tried, but I’m still working up toward giving it a true test on unwashed hair!
I just can’t kick my love of beauty products after spending a few years working in cosmetics, and this is such a great way to try out fun new things each month without breaking the bank. I’m crossing my fingers for some hair volumizing product in one of the coming months, and maybe an amazingly moisturizing lip balm! Oh, and anything to help control my oily t-zone. Overall I was incredibly pleased with first shipment and am anxiously awaiting #2!