Oh man, this one was a winner! I loved every product and the cute travel themed postcard set that was included. Birchbox is tied for my favorite monthly subscription [with Rocksbox] and I most definitely have tried more than a few! Part of it is being an ex-cosmetics sales rep & artist and part is my obsession with great new beauty products that is fulfilled every month with this tiny box of awesome.
- Color Club Wanderlust Nail Collection: London Calling. This bright, nearly neon green jumped out at me the moment I opened the box – so much that I sat down and put it on right there. I love it! Great texture and it held up through two nights so far! $8 for four colors is quite the steal.
- Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder is awesome. I have a super oily t-zone and my pores disappeared the moment I dusted this on. I’ll definitely be tossing out my old powder and adding this to my daily routine. Stood up to a late night party in a warm, muggy bar. My skin looked great all evening.
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk has a great texture. It feels so much lighter and fresher than most of the dry shampoos I’ve tried. My hair felt much less powdery and more like I had recently washed it. I don’t use dry shampoos often, because I’m still a shampoo-almost-every-day kind of girl, but I’ll go to this one first next time I need it.
- 29 Preserves Skin Care Collection Sunday morning I woke up after a long night out with thirsty, tired skin. I broke open the Serum Extract and felt instantly revived. It was rich yet light and soaked into my dry skin, immediately making it feel fresh and soft. The Eye Emulsion saved my sad tired eyes. The scent wasn’t my favorite, but it wasn’t the worst either. That night I tried the Cream Cleanser and was completely wowed. I haven’t tried a cream cleanser in years because my skin is fairly oily, but this one left my face feeling clean and bright. And the scent was delicious! The Night Moisture came last and was lovely, but nothing to shout about. The serum and the cleanser are definitely on my list of favorites.
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here.
images via my iphone
How fast 9 months flies! Back in September I tried lash extensions for the first time and have been obsessed ever since. I love the way they look, with or without makeup. I forgo eyeliner occasionally, which I never did before. And I look fabulous from the moment I wake up in the morning. I’m a little more delicate when washing around my eyes, but that’s probably better for them all around.
I’ve heard stories about people getting their eyes glued shut (temporarily!) and other issues, but I’ve never had any problems myself – just make sure you have a qualified and recommended technician. If you’re here in Seattle and looking, let me know… I know a great gal! My mom, sister and a couple of friends are hooked now too. I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to just mascara. I just can’t give up these beauties!
These are my lashes! I love them.
photo via instagram
The newest collection from Popbasic launched yesterday and it is lovely! I’m crazy about maxis and statement necklaces right now, so this little grouping hit in all the right places. And that bright, bright green color? Just fabulous. Paired with a soft little grey tee? Perfection.
images via popbasic
Moved. Laptop died. Worked too much. Went on vacation. Saw two of our dear friends get married. It’s been a while and a hectic couple of weeks. I’m ready for life to slow down back to a more regular pace again. Now that there’s a backyard, it will involve quite a bit more gardening (hooray!).
A little while back Everlane introduced their lovely silk blouses and more recently this gorgeous contrast line. I’m enamored with the classic, flattering cut and bit of visual interest. The black and blush caught my eye first, but the white and peach is such a sweet soft option that would go with just about anything. Might be just perfect for summer work wear.
images via everlane
We’ve got just under one month left until our Palm Springs vacation and I can hardly wait. I’m desperately in need of a little sun and relaxation. And maybe a new swimsuit. Lately I’ve gone for a little more coverage, but something about California makes me want a little bikini again. In a fun print. Maybe I’ll even get a teeny bit of tan on this Seattle skin!
Clockwise: Madewell / Freya / J.Crew / Asos
While my first BirchBox was fun, this one was quite the treat. A few new products from brands I know & love and a few complete surprises. I opened it up Saturday night after I had climbed into bed and sifted through all the excitement – and tried every single one on Sunday because I just couldn’t wait another second!
- Oribe Shampoo & Conditioner for Beautiful Color: I love Oribe. I’ve used their dry shampoo and volumizing shampoo & conditioner before, so I knew these would be great. The smell of Oribe products always makes me feel like I’m stepping out of a fancy salon and the texture is rich and lavish.
- This Skin&Co body gel is delicious. I love the light orange and slightly spicy scent. It smells like something I might have found on my honeymoon at a fabulous hotel. It left my skin feeling rather moisturizer and clean.
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss is my new favorite lip product. I love the lipstick-like texture with a glossy finish, the bold color and how perfectly it mattes when blotted. The color I got is called Glossy Kiss and is the perfect orangey color. I’ll be buying more of this the second it’s back in stock.
- We already use the Supergoop sun block, so I was really excited to try this new eye cream. I wear SPF 15 every day, but I love the idea of wearing something a little more hefty around my eyes. SPF 37 sounds just about right. And it smoothed on just perfectly under my concealer. Hooray! I’ll be picking this up once my current eye cream runs out.
- I’m drinking the Kusmi Sweet Love Tea now and am pleasantly surprised. I love tea but can be rather picky. This has a lovely light but spicy flavor that I am really enjoying. They have two detox flavors that sound rather citrusy and delicious that I might have to try.
All in all this box was a complete win! I’ll be buying at least the lip product and eye cream… oh, and probably the body gel too. It’s such a lovely indulgence.
Want to try BirchBox? Sign up here.
So you may have noticed I’m a little obsessed with subscription boxes right now, but I think I’ve found my favorite! RocksBox is a jewelry membership-based jewelry styling service. For $19 a month, you get three pieces sent you to, that you can keep and wear for up to 60 days. Want to keep it? Let them know and they’ll charge your account. Ready for something new? As soon as you send back your current items, you’ll get new ones! My first shipment was so fabulous, I can hardly wait for my second. Here’s what I got:
Viento White Rhino Necklace in Gold
The necklace is on it’s way back – I liked it but I didn’t love it. The gold was a little more yellow than I prefer and the chain was too long for my stubby little torso.
Sandy Hyun Beveled Mirror Earrings
The earrings are perfect! A really interesting shape, but go with everything. I wore them for the second time today. Keeping these!
Lucas Jack Snooker Ball Ring
The ring, oh the ring! Definitely my favorite. I must admit I squealed a little as I pulled it out of the box. A bit “Marni-esque,” as my dear friend pointed out. I think I’ve worn it 5 times already and I’ve only had it a week. Keeping this for sure!
Thank you RocksBox! xoxo
So… my newest obsession is Birchbox. New beauty samples delivered to me every month? Yes, please! Not just teeny little sample packets, these are lovely smaller sized bottles that allow for multiple uses before you dive into a full size purchase. I’m only a few days into my first box, but I already have some raves and rants.
Clockwise from top left corner: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream / Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board / Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream / Juicy Couture Couture La La / Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo
- The Juice Beauty cream has a lovely texture and I love the SPF, but I like a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I’ll bet this is excellent as a light alternative in the summer. We’ll have to wait and see if the anti-aging benefits kick in!
- The Madewell Emery board is a cute version of your every day one. I pretty much love anything from Madewell. They make everything… adorable.
- Whish Shave Cream feels so luxurious after shaving with soap or shampoo for way too long, but the super sweet smell was a little much for my taste.
- The Juicy perfume was a bit of the same overly sweetness, but I don’t wear perfume too often to begin with. Just a little Chanel occasionally.
- I’ve been trying to jump on the dry shampoo bandwagon for a while now, but I can’t get out of the habit of washing my fine oily hair every day. I do like the texture of this spray a bit better than the others I’ve tried, but I’m still working up toward giving it a true test on unwashed hair!
I just can’t kick my love of beauty products after spending a few years working in cosmetics, and this is such a great way to try out fun new things each month without breaking the bank. I’m crossing my fingers for some hair volumizing product in one of the coming months, and maybe an amazingly moisturizing lip balm! Oh, and anything to help control my oily t-zone. Overall I was incredibly pleased with first shipment and am anxiously awaiting #2!
Happy first day of spring! The weather here is not quite lovely yet, but I’m thinking this might be just the occasion to brighten up my day with a new spring dress. I’m really feeling prints right now…
one / two / three
I’m not much of a jewelry wearer. Always earrings, sometimes a necklace and very occasionally a bracelet or two, but I’ve been coveting this stacked wrist look for a while now. Nordstrom launched a stacked wrist lookbook the other week and it has been calling to me. My collection is growing slowly, I’m even thinking about investing in a watch again. It’s been years since I’ve worn one, but suddenly I’m drooling over a kate spade beauty! Or maybe this one…
images via nordstrom