Dreaming in gold and geometry.
Three lovely and simple pieces this month. The pave earrings are so cute and sweet! I was very excited about the necklace, but unfortunately it became too tangly within minutes of each wearing. The dangling earrings from Lucas Jack are definitely my favorite and are just the right length with my new short hair.
Click here to try RocksBox!
images via instagram
The most exciting delivery came this week, my 5 pair try-on of Warby Parker frames! I have one pair of glasses (my first pair!) and have been wanting a second option for a while now. I’ve perused their site quite a few times, love their stylish and afforable options, but finally took the plunge last week and requested a few. They ship them directly to you for free!
What I came to realize is that trying them on is pretty crucial for me. Most of the ones I picked were not right for my face at all. I think I need to try the photo upload before requesting the frames next time. I did find one pair I’m thinking I’ll buy soon though!
And the best part? For every pair they sell, they provide a pair of glasses (or funding for one) to a non-profit for those who could not afford them otherwise. Cute, reasonably-priced, and a give back to the community? Just fabulous.
I am thrilled! Always a winner in these, sometimes a few. And now I have a new favorite…
- theBalm Stainiac Lip & Cheek Stain This is the perfect soft pink. I don’t often use a cheek stain because bolder blush is usually the look I go for, but for a lovely, slightly flushed, natural look, I would definitely recommend this. It provides just the right tint for either lips or cheeks.
- Shea Terra Organics Deep Pore Facial Cleanser My new favorite thing! I’ve been lamenting over the loss of my favorite exfoliating cream for a while now and haden’t found anything that will do the job right, until now! My skin is bright and clean and free from dead, flaky skin. I’ve been using it every other day – I already ordered a full bottle!
- Alison Raffaele Reality Base Foundation Although the color I was sent wasn’t quite right (I guess I didn’t quite communicate how truly pale I am!), the texture of this foundation was quite nice. I usually wear a full coverage foundation, but this light oil-free version is great for a more natural, moderate coverage look.
- DDF Wrinkle Resist plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum The days I wore it my skin felt softer and my pores definitely looked minimized, but I broke out a bit and there might be too much stuff going on here. At least for my skin.
- ChapStick Hydration Lock I’m a big chapstick fan. I generally always have one in my purse. This one is a bit more hydrating and heavy duty than usual. A little too matte for my every day go-to, but I’ll keep it around and it will definitely do the job when needed this winter!
I love boots. Once fall is upon us, it is really all that I wear. While my favorite is most often moto boots, I’m working on expanding my assortment a bit. Here are a few of my faves from this season:
The Newbury in Navy I love this classic boot in a fresh new color.
A Lug Sole Tough style with mixed materials is quite lovely.
A Wicked Wedge with a fabulous pointy toe.
Something for the Snow I’ve been eyeing a pair of Sorels for a while now!
Classic Frye Boots, to go with everything Jeans and dresses and skirts and …
Pretty Prints to spice up some of my basics.
Casual, easy and perfect with tights.
Strappy and sassy The perfect pair for a party.
What’s on your list?
Yesterday, Popbasic launched their newest collection and I’m definitely a fan. I love a sweet, simple dress and the belt is so lovely and easy. I can imagine it with a thousand outfits! And that pop of red in the necklace just sets it all off. I’m picturing tights, booties and a fabulous sweater to carry this outfit through the season.
images via popbasic